Body Mass Index
The body mass index (BMI) is a weight problems indicator and an attempt to quantify the amount of tissue mass (muscle, fat, and bone) in an individual Calculated as body mass divided by square of body height (kg/m2) of the individual. Commonly accepted BMI ranges are underweight: under 18.5 kg/m2, normal optimal weight: 18.5 to 25, overweight: 25 to 30, obese: over 30.
BMI provides a simple numeric measure of a person's thickness or thinness, allowing health professionals to discuss weight problems more objectively with their patients. BMI was designed to be used as a simple means of classifying average sedentary (physically inactive) populations, with an average body composition.
People of Asian descent have different associations between BMI, percentage of body fat, and health risks than those of European descent, with a higher risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus and atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease at BMI lower than the WHO cut-off point for overweight, 25 kg/m2, although the cut-off for observed risk varies among different Asian populations.
BMI is used differently for children.
Do something with BMI, already
This screen hints what BioMindmap can do with medical objects
- See 61 Biolinks that connect BMI with other objects
- Group Biolinks by type — promoters and inhibitors separately
- Summarize how other objects relate to BMI
- There are 38 Evidences supporting 61 BMI Biolinks
Guide for Good Sources list of respected domains.
The ValidityScore showsthe quality of evidences, with max 9.9.
- BMI Mindmap — near connections
- Mindmap with ValidityScore 5.0 — near connections
- Mindmap of BMI. and Subnodes: .
- Find Path to another object.
- Build Custom Map
- Instream into nodes that connect into BMI.
- Outstream from nodes that go out from BMI.
- Promoters of BMI
- Add biolink i.e. «X increases BMI». Intuitively easy.
- Power-start: watch the Intro Video and Guide in Help Center
- Users improve Reputation by getting experienced and validated.
- Ask Telegram Bot to get quick Summary on any object.