Cholesterol In Plasma
This node is related to the Total Cholesterol level in plasma, as a blood marker. Other types of cholesterol are sub types of this one.
«Cholesterol (from the Ancient Greekchole- (bile) and stereos (solid), followed by the chemicalsuffix-ol for an alcohol) is an organicmolecule. It is a sterol (or modifiedsteroid), a type of lipid molecule, and is biosynthesized by all animal cell, because it is an essential structural component of all animalcell membranes.
In addition to its importance for animal cell structure, cholesterol also serves as a precursor for the biosynthesis of steroid hormone, bile acid and vitamin D. Cholesterol is the principal sterol synthesized by all animals. In vertebrates, hepatic cell typically produce the greatest amounts. It is absent among prokaryotes (bacteria and archaea), although there are some exceptions, such as Mycoplasma, which require cholesterol for growth.
François Poulletier de la Salle first identified cholesterol in solid form in gallstone in 1769. However, it was not until 1815 that chemist Michel Eugène Chevreul name the compound "cholesterine".» (wikipedia)
Do something with Cholesterol, already
This screen hints what BioMindmap can do with medical objects
- See 46 Biolinks that connect Cholesterol with other objects
- Group Biolinks by type — promoters and inhibitors separately
- Summarize how other objects relate to Cholesterol
- There are 73 Evidences supporting 46 Cholesterol Biolinks
Guide for Good Sources list of respected domains.
The ValidityScore showsthe quality of evidences, with max 9.9.
- Cholesterol Mindmap — near connections
- Mindmap with ValidityScore 5.0 — near connections
- Mindmap of Cholesterol. and Subnodes: LDL, VLDL, HDL, LDL-1.
- Find Path to another object.
- Build Custom Map
- Instream into nodes that connect into Cholesterol.
- Outstream from nodes that go out from Cholesterol.
- Promoters of Cholesterol
- Add biolink i.e. «X increases Cholesterol». Intuitively easy.
- Power-start: watch the Intro Video and Guide in Help Center
- Users improve Reputation by getting experienced and validated.
- Ask Telegram Bot to get quick Summary on any object.