«Amygdalin (from Ancient Greek: ἀμυγδαλήamygdálē "almond") is a naturally occurring chemical compound, famous for falsely being promoted as a cancer cure. It is found in many plants, but most notably in the seeds (kernels) of apricot, bitter almonds, apple, peach, and plum.
Amygdalin is classified as a cyanogenic glycoside because each amygdalin molecule includes a nitrile group, which can be released as the toxic cyanide anion by the action of a beta-glucosidase: eating amygdalin will cause it to release cyanide in the human body, and may lead to cyanide poisoning.
Since the early 1950s, both amygdalin and a modified form name laetrile have been promoted as alternative cancer treatments, often using the misnomervitamin B17. But studies have found them to be clinically ineffective in the treatment of cancer, as well as potentially toxic or lethal when taken by mouth, due to cyanide poisoning. The promotion of laetrile to treat cancer has been described in the medical literature as a canonical example of quackery, and as "the slickest, most sophisticated, and certainly the most remunerative cancer quack promotion in medical history". Neither amygdalin nor laetrile is a vitamin.» (wikipedia)
Do something with Amygdalin, already
This screen hints what BioMindmap can do with medical objects
- See 4 Biolinks that connect Amygdalin with other objects
- Group Biolinks by type — promoters and inhibitors separately
- Summarize how other objects relate to Amygdalin
- There are 6 Evidences supporting 4 Amygdalin Biolinks
Guide for Good Sources list of respected domains.
The ValidityScore showsthe quality of evidences, with max 9.9.
- Amygdalin Mindmap — near connections
- Mindmap with ValidityScore 5.0 — near connections
- Mindmap of Amygdalin. and Subnodes: .
- Find Path to another object.
- Build Custom Map
- Add biolink i.e. «X increases Amygdalin». Intuitively easy.
- Power-start: watch the Intro Video and Guide in Help Center
- Users improve Reputation by getting experienced and validated.
- Ask Telegram Bot to get quick Summary on any object.