«Fibronectin is a high-molecular weight (~440kDa) glycoprotein of the extracellular matrix that binds to membrane-spanning receptor proteins called integrin. Fibronectin also binds to other extracellular matrix proteins such as collagen, fibrin, and heparan sulfateproteoglycans (e.g. syndecans).
Fibronectin exists as a protein dimer, consisting of two nearly identical monomers linked by a pair of disulfide bonds. The fibronectin protein is produced from a single gene, but alternative splicing of its pre-mRNA lead to the creation of several isoforms.
Two types of fibronectin are present in vertebrates:
Fibronectin plays a major role in cell adhesion, growth, migration, and differentiation, and it is important for processes such as wound healing and embryonic development. Altered fibronectin expression, degradation, and organization has been associated with a number of pathologies, including cancer and fibrosis.» (wikipedia)
Do something with Fibronectin
Lists what BioMindmap can do with its medical objects for demo purposes.
- See 5 Biolinks that connect Fibronectin with other objects
- Group Biolinks by type — promoters and inhibitors separately
- Summarize how other objects relate to Fibronectin
- There are 7 Evidences supporting 5 Fibronectin Biolinks
Guide for Good Sources list of respected domains.
The ValidityScore showsthe quality of evidences, with max 9.9.
- Fibronectin Mindmap — near connections
- Mindmap with ValidityScore 5.0 — near connections
- Mindmap of Fibronectin. and Subnodes: .
- Find Path to another object.
- Build Custom Map
- Instream into nodes that connect into Fibronectin.
- Outstream from nodes that go out from Fibronectin.
- Promoters of Fibronectin
- What type is Fibronectin? Edit type Is it food or drug?
- Add biolink i.e. «X increases Fibronectin». Intuitively easy.
- Power-start: watch the Intro Video and Guide in Help Center
- Users improve Reputation by getting experienced and validated.
- Ask Telegram Bot to get quick Summary on any object.