«The White Death»
Sugar is the generic name for sweet-tasting, soluble carbohydrate, many of which are used in food. Simple sugars are called monosaccharides and include glucose (also known as dextrose), fructose, and galactose.
Disaccharides are made of two sugar molecules. Sucrose contains glucose+fructose molecules. Maltose contains two glucose molecules with a bond. Lactose contains galactose+glucose molecules.
There are other substances that taste sweet, but are not classified as sugar nor contain any sugars.
«The average person consumes about 24 kilograms of sugar each year, or 33.1 kilograms in developed countries, equivalent to over 260 food calories per day. As sugar consumption grew in the latter part of the 20th century, researchers began to examine whether a diet high in sugar, especially refined sugar, was damaging to human health. Excessive consumption of sugar has been implicated in the onset of obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, dementia, and tooth decay. Numerous studies have tried to clarify those implications, but with varying results, mainly because of the difficulty of finding populations for use as controls that consume little or no sugar. In 2015, the World Health Organization recommended that adults and children reduce their intake of free sugars to less than 10%, and encouraged a reduction to below 5%, of their total energy intake» (wikipedia)
Do something with Sugar, already
This screen hints what BioMindmap can do with medical objects
- See 24 Biolinks that connect Sugar with other objects
- Group Biolinks by type — promoters and inhibitors separately
- Summarize how other objects relate to Sugar
- There are 15 Evidences supporting 24 Sugar Biolinks
Guide for Good Sources list of respected domains.
The ValidityScore showsthe quality of evidences, with max 9.9.
- Sugar Mindmap — near connections
- Mindmap with ValidityScore 5.0 — near connections
- Mindmap of Sugar. and Subnodes: .
- Find Path to another object.
- Build Custom Map
- Instream into nodes that connect into Sugar.
- Outstream from nodes that go out from Sugar.
- Promoters of Sugar
- Add biolink i.e. «X increases Sugar». Intuitively easy.
- Power-start: watch the Intro Video and Guide in Help Center
- Users improve Reputation by getting experienced and validated.
- Ask Telegram Bot to get quick Summary on any object.