«Ferritin is a universal intracellular protein that stores iron and releases it in a controlled fashion. The protein is produced by almost all living organisms, including algae, bacteria, higher plants, and animals. In humans, it acts as a buffer against iron deficiency and iron overload. Ferritin is found in most tissues as a cytosolic protein, but small amounts are secreted into the serum where it functions as an iron carrier. Plasma ferritin is also an indirect marker of the total amount of iron stored in the body, hence serum ferritin is used as a diagnostic test for iron-deficiency anemia.
Ferritin is a globular protein complex consisting of 24 protein subunits forming a nanocage with multiple metal–protein interactions. It is the primary intracellular iron-storage protein in both prokaryotes and eukaryotes, keeping iron in a soluble and non-toxic form. Ferritin that is not combined with iron is called apoferritin.» (wikipedia)
Do something with Ferritin, already
This screen hints what BioMindmap can do with medical objects
- See 9 Biolinks that connect Ferritin with other objects
- Group Biolinks by type — promoters and inhibitors separately
- Summarize how other objects relate to Ferritin
- There are 7 Evidences supporting 9 Ferritin Biolinks
Guide for Good Sources list of respected domains.
The ValidityScore showsthe quality of evidences, with max 9.9.
- Ferritin Mindmap — near connections
- Mindmap with ValidityScore 5.0 — near connections
- Mindmap of Ferritin. and Subnodes: .
- Find Path to another object.
- Build Custom Map
- Instream into nodes that connect into Ferritin.
- Outstream from nodes that go out from Ferritin.
- Promoters of Ferritin
- Add biolink i.e. «X increases Ferritin». Intuitively easy.
- Power-start: watch the Intro Video and Guide in Help Center
- Users improve Reputation by getting experienced and validated.
- Ask Telegram Bot to get quick Summary on any object.