Cold water immersion
«In sports therapy, an ice bath, or sometimes cold-water immersion or cold therapy, is a training regimen usually following a period of intense exercise in which a substantial part of a human body is immersed in a bath of ice or ice-water for a limited duration.
While it is becoming increasingly popular and accepted among athletes in a variety of sports, the method is controversial, with a risk of hypothermia, with the possibility of shock leading to sudden death. Many athletes have used cold water immersion after an intense exercise workout in the belief that it speeds up bodily recovery; however, the internal physical processes are not well understood and remain elusive. Generally research into the health effects of cold water immersion as part of an athletic training regimen is inconclusive, with some studies suggesting a mild benefit such as reducing muscle damage and discomfort and alleviating delayed onset muscle soreness, with other studies suggesting that cold water immersion may slow muscle growth and interfere with an overall training regimen.» (wikipedia)
Do something with Cold water immersion, already
This screen hints what BioMindmap can do with medical objects
- See 7 Biolinks that connect Cold water immersion
- Group Biolinks by type — promoters and inhibitors separately
- Summarize how other objects relate to Cold water immersion
- There are 10 Evidences supporting 7 Cold water immersion Biolinks
Guide for Good Sources list of respected domains.
The ValidityScore showsthe quality of evidences, with max 9.9.
- Cold water immersion Mindmap — near connections
- Mindmap with ValidityScore 5.0 — near connections
- Mindmap of Cold water immersion. and Subnodes: .
- Find Path to another object.
- Build Custom Map
- Add biolink i.e. «X increases Cold water immersion». Intuitively easy.
- Power-start: watch the Intro Video and Guide in Help Center
- Users improve Reputation by getting experienced and validated.
- Ask Telegram Bot to get quick Summary on any object.