«Acetylcysteine, also known as N-acetylcysteine (NAC), is a medication that is used to treat paracetamol (acetaminophen) overdose, and to loosen thick mucus in individuals with cystic fibrosis or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It can be taken intravenously, by mouth, or inhaled as a mist. Some people use it as a dietary supplement.
Common side effects include nausea and vomiting when taken by mouth. The skin may occasionally become red and itchy with either form. A non-immune type of anaphylaxis may also occur. It appears to be safe in pregnancy. For paracetamol overdose, it works by increasing the level of glutathione, an antioxidant that can neutralise the toxic breakdown products of paracetamol. When inhaled, it acts as a mucolytic by decreasing the thickness of mucus.
Acetylcysteine was initially patented in 1960 and licensed for use in 1968. It is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines, the most effective and safe medicines needed in a health system. It is available as a generic medication and is inexpensive.» (wikipedia)
Do something with NAC, already
This screen hints what BioMindmap can do with medical objects
- See 16 Biolinks that connect NAC with other objects
- Group Biolinks by type — promoters and inhibitors separately
- Summarize how other objects relate to NAC
- There are 9 Evidences supporting 16 NAC Biolinks
Guide for Good Sources list of respected domains.
The ValidityScore showsthe quality of evidences, with max 9.9.
- NAC Mindmap — near connections
- Mindmap with ValidityScore 5.0 — near connections
- Mindmap of NAC. and Subnodes: .
- Find Path to another object.
- Build Custom Map
- Instream into nodes that connect into NAC.
- Outstream from nodes that go out from NAC.
- Promoters of NAC
- Add biolink i.e. «X increases NAC». Intuitively easy.
- Power-start: watch the Intro Video and Guide in Help Center
- Users improve Reputation by getting experienced and validated.
- Ask Telegram Bot to get quick Summary on any object.