«Doxycycline is an antibiotic that is used in the treatment of a number of types of infections caused by bacteria and protozoa. It is useful for bacterial pneumonia, acne, chlamydia infections, early Lyme disease, cholera and syphilis. It is also useful for the treatment of malaria when used with quinine and for the prevention of malaria. Doxycycline can be used either by mouth or intravenously.
Common side effects include diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, a red rash, and an increased risk of a sunburn. Use during pregnancy or in young children may result in permanent problems with the teeth including changes in their color. Its use during breastfeeding is probably safe. Doxycycline is a broad-spectrum antibiotic of the tetracycline class. Like other agents of this class it either slows or kills bacteria by inhibiting protein production. It kills malaria by targeting a plastid organelle, the apicoplast.
Doxycycline was patented in 1957 and came into commercial use in 1967. It is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines, the most effective and safe medicines needed in a health system. Doxycycline is available as a generic medicine and is generally inexpensive. The wholesale cost in the developing world is between US$0.01 and $0.04 per pill. In the United States 10 days of treatment is about US$14; however, some in 2014 were selling it for more than $3.00–10.00 per pill.» (wikipedia)
Do something with Doxycycline
Lists what BioMindmap can do with its medical objects for demo purposes.
- See 27 Biolinks that connect Doxycycline with other objects
- Group Biolinks by type — promoters and inhibitors separately
- Summarize how other objects relate to Doxycycline
- There are 31 Evidences supporting 27 Doxycycline Biolinks
Guide for Good Sources list of respected domains.
The ValidityScore showsthe quality of evidences, with max 9.9.
- Doxycycline Mindmap — near connections
- Mindmap with ValidityScore 5.0 — near connections
- Mindmap of Doxycycline. and Subnodes: .
- Find Path to another object.
- Build Custom Map
- Add biolink i.e. «X increases Doxycycline». Intuitively easy.
- Power-start: watch the Intro Video and Guide in Help Center
- Users improve Reputation by getting experienced and validated.
- Ask Telegram Bot to get quick Summary on any object.