«Arterial stiffness occurs as a consequence of biological aging and arteriosclerosis. Inflammation plays a major role in arteriosclerosis development, and consequently it is a major contributor in large arteries stiffening. Increased arterial stiffness is associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular events such as myocardial infarction and stroke, the two leading causes of death in the developed world. The World Health Organization predicts that in 2010, cardiovascular disease will also be the leading killer in the developing world and represents a major global health problem.
Several degenerative changes that occur with age in the walls of large elastic arteries are thought to contribute to increased stiffening over time, including the mechanical fraying of lamellar elastin structures within the wall due to repeated cycles of mechanical stress; changes in the kind and increases in content of arterial collagen proteins, partially as a compensatory mechanism against the loss of arterial elastin and partially due to fibrosis; and crosslinking of adjacent collagen fiber by advanced glycation endproducts (AGEs).» (wikipedia)
Do something with Arterial stiffness
Lists what BioMindmap can do with its medical objects for demo purposes.
- See 14 Biolinks that connect Arterial stiffness
- Group Biolinks by type — promoters and inhibitors separately
- Summarize how other objects relate to Arterial stiffness
- There are 9 Evidences supporting 14 Arterial stiffness Biolinks
Guide for Good Sources list of respected domains.
The ValidityScore showsthe quality of evidences, with max 9.9.
- Arterial stiffness Mindmap — near connections
- Mindmap with ValidityScore 5.0 — near connections
- Mindmap of Arterial stiffness. and Subnodes: .
- Find Path to another object.
- Build Custom Map
- Instream into nodes that connect into Arterial stiffness.
- Outstream from nodes that go out from Arterial stiffness.
- Promoters of Arterial stiffness
- Add biolink i.e. «X increases Arterial stiffness». Intuitively easy.
- Power-start: watch the Intro Video and Guide in Help Center
- Users improve Reputation by getting experienced and validated.
- Ask Telegram Bot to get quick Summary on any object.