«C-reactive protein (CRP) is an annular (ring-shaped), pentameric protein found in blood plasma, whose circulating concentration rise in response to inflammation. It is an acute-phase protein of hepatic origin that increases following interleukin-6 secretion by macrophage and T cell. Its physiological role is to bind to lysophosphatidylcholine expressed on the surface of dead or dying cell (and some types of bacteria) in order to activate the complement system via C1q.
CRP is synthesized by the liver in response to factors released by macrophage and fat cell (adipocytes). It is a member of the pentraxin family of proteins. It is not related to C-peptide (insulin) or protein C (blood coagulation). C-reactive protein was the first pattern recognition receptor (PRR) to be identified.» (wikipedia)
Do something with CRP
Lists what BioMindmap can do with its medical objects for demo purposes.
- See 41 Biolinks that connect CRP with other objects
- Group Biolinks by type — promoters and inhibitors separately
- Summarize how other objects relate to CRP
- There are 53 Evidences supporting 41 CRP Biolinks
Guide for Good Sources list of respected domains.
The ValidityScore showsthe quality of evidences, with max 9.9.
- CRP Mindmap — near connections
- Mindmap with ValidityScore 5.0 — near connections
- Mindmap of CRP. and Subnodes: .
- Find Path to another object.
- Build Custom Map
- Instream into nodes that connect into CRP.
- Outstream from nodes that go out from CRP.
- Promoters of CRP
- Add biolink i.e. «X increases CRP». Intuitively easy.
- Power-start: watch the Intro Video and Guide in Help Center
- Users improve Reputation by getting experienced and validated.
- Ask Telegram Bot to get quick Summary on any object.