«Spermatogenesis is the process by which haploidspermatozoa develop from germ cell in the seminiferous tubules of the testis. This process starts with the mitotic division of the stem cell located close to the basement membrane of the tubules. These cell are called spermatogonial stem cell. The mitotic division of these produces two types of cell. Type A cell replenish the stem cell, and type B cell differentiate into spermatocytes. The primary spermatocyte divides meiotically (Meiosis I) into two secondary spermatocytes; each secondary spermatocyte divides into two equal haploid spermatids by Meiosis II. The spermatids are transformed into spermatozoa(sperm) by the process of spermiogenesis. These develop into mature spermatozoa, also known as sperm cell. Thus, the primary spermatocyte gives rise to two cell, the secondary spermatocytes, and the two secondary spermatocytes by their subdivision produce four spermatozoa and four haploid cell.
Spermatozoa are the mature male gametes in many sexually reproducing organisms. Thus, spermatogenesis is the male version of gametogenesis, of which the female equivalent is oogenesis. In mammals it occurs in the seminiferous tubules of the male testes in a stepwise fashion. Spermatogenesis is highly dependent upon optimal conditions for the process to occur correctly, and is essential for sexual reproduction. DNA methylation and histone modification have been implicated in the regulation of this process. It starts at puberty and usually continues uninterrupted until death, although a slight decrease can be discerned in the quantity of produced sperm with increase in age (see Male infertility).» (wikipedia)
Do something with Spermatogenesis, already
This screen hints what BioMindmap can do with medical objects
- See 4 Biolinks that connect Spermatogenesis with other objects
- Group Biolinks by type — promoters and inhibitors separately
- Summarize how other objects relate to Spermatogenesis
- There are 6 Evidences supporting 4 Spermatogenesis Biolinks
Guide for Good Sources list of respected domains.
The ValidityScore showsthe quality of evidences, with max 9.9.
- Spermatogenesis Mindmap — near connections
- Mindmap with ValidityScore 5.0 — near connections
- Mindmap of Spermatogenesis. and Subnodes: .
- Find Path to another object.
- Build Custom Map
- Instream into nodes that connect into Spermatogenesis.
- Outstream from nodes that go out from Spermatogenesis.
- Promoters of Spermatogenesis
- Add biolink i.e. «X increases Spermatogenesis». Intuitively easy.
- Power-start: watch the Intro Video and Guide in Help Center
- Users improve Reputation by getting experienced and validated.
- Ask Telegram Bot to get quick Summary on any object.