«Creatine kinase (CK), also known as creatine phosphokinase (CPK) or phosphocreatine kinase, is an enzyme (EC188.8.131.52) expressed by various tissues and cell types. CK catalyses the conversion of creatine and utilizes adenosine triphosphate (ATP) to create phosphocreatine (PCr) and adenosine diphosphate (ADP). This CK enzyme reaction is reversible and thus ATP can be generated from PCr and ADP.
In tissues and cell that consume ATP rapidly, especially skeletal muscle, but also brain, photoreceptor cell of the retina, hair cell of the inner ear, spermatozoa and smooth muscle, PCr serves as an energy reservoir for the rapid buffering and regeneration of ATP in situ, as well as for intracellular energy transport by the PCr shuttle or circuit. Thus creatine kinase is an important enzyme in such tissues.
Clinically, creatine kinase is assayed in blood tests as a marker of damage of CK-rich tissue such as in myocardial infarction (heart attack), rhabdomyolysis (severe muscle breakdown), muscular dystrophy, autoimmune myositides, and acute kidney injury.
Do something with Serum CK
Lists what BioMindmap can do with its medical objects for demo purposes.
- See 10 Biolinks that connect Serum CK with other objects
- Group Biolinks by type — promoters and inhibitors separately
- Summarize how other objects relate to Serum CK
- There are 11 Evidences supporting 10 Serum CK Biolinks
Guide for Good Sources list of respected domains.
The ValidityScore showsthe quality of evidences, with max 9.9.
- Serum CK Mindmap — near connections
- Mindmap with ValidityScore 5.0 — near connections
- Mindmap of Serum CK. and Subnodes: .
- Find Path to another object.
- Build Custom Map
- Add biolink i.e. «X increases Serum CK». Intuitively easy.
- Power-start: watch the Intro Video and Guide in Help Center
- Users improve Reputation by getting experienced and validated.
- Ask Telegram Bot to get quick Summary on any object.