«Amyloid beta (Aβ or Abeta) denotes peptides of 36–43 amino acids that are crucially involved in Alzheimer's disease as the main component of the amyloid plaques found in the brain of Alzheimer patients. The peptides derive from the amyloid precursor protein (APP), which is cleaved by beta secretase and gamma secretase to yield Aβ. Aβ molecules can aggregate to form flexible soluble oligomers which may exist in several forms. It is now believed that certain misfolded oligomers (known as "seeds") can induce other Aβ molecules to also take the misfolded oligomeric form, leading to a chain reaction akin to a prion infection. The oligomers are toxic to nerve cell. The other protein implicated in Alzheimer's disease, tau protein, also forms such prion-like misfolded oligomers, and there is some evidence that misfolded Aβ can induce tau to misfold.
A recent study suggested that APP and its amyloid potential is of ancient origins, dating as far back as early deuterostomes.» (wikipedia)
Do something with Amyloid beta, already
This screen hints what BioMindmap can do with medical objects
- See 12 Biolinks that connect Amyloid beta with other objects
- Group Biolinks by type — promoters and inhibitors separately
- Summarize how other objects relate to Amyloid beta
- There are 10 Evidences supporting 12 Amyloid beta Biolinks
Guide for Good Sources list of respected domains.
The ValidityScore showsthe quality of evidences, with max 9.9.
- Amyloid beta Mindmap — near connections
- Mindmap with ValidityScore 5.0 — near connections
- Mindmap of Amyloid beta. and Subnodes: .
- Find Path to another object.
- Build Custom Map
- Instream into nodes that connect into Amyloid beta.
- Outstream from nodes that go out from Amyloid beta.
- Promoters of Amyloid beta
- Add biolink i.e. «X increases Amyloid beta». Intuitively easy.
- Power-start: watch the Intro Video and Guide in Help Center
- Users improve Reputation by getting experienced and validated.
- Ask Telegram Bot to get quick Summary on any object.