"Baicalein (5,6,7-trihydroxyflavone) is a flavone, a type of flavonoid, originally isolated from the roots of Scutellaria baicalensis and Scutellaria lateriflora. It is also reported in Oroxylum indicum (Indian trumpetflower) and Thyme. It is the aglycone of baicalin. Baicalein is one of the active ingredients of Sho-Saiko-To, a Chinese herbal supplement believed to enhance liver health."
"Baicalein, along with its analogue baicalin, is a positive allosteric modulator of the benzodiazepine site and/or a non-benzodiazepine site of the GABAA receptor. It displays subtype selectivity for α2 and α3 subunit-containing GABAA receptors. In accordance, baicalein shows anxiolytic effects in mice without incidence of sedation or myorelaxation. It is thought that baicalein, along with other flavonoids, may underlie the anxiolytic effects of S. baicalensis and S. lateriflora. Baicalein is also an antagonist of the estrogen receptor, or an antiestrogen." (wikipedia)
Baicalein penetrates BBB.
Do something with Baicalein, already
This screen hints what BioMindmap can do with medical objects
- See 29 Biolinks that connect Baicalein with other objects
- Group Biolinks by type — promoters and inhibitors separately
- Summarize how other objects relate to Baicalein
- There are 5 Evidences supporting 29 Baicalein Biolinks
Guide for Good Sources list of respected domains.
The ValidityScore showsthe quality of evidences, with max 9.9.
- Baicalein Mindmap — near connections
- Mindmap with ValidityScore 5.0 — near connections
- Mindmap of Baicalein. and Subnodes: .
- Find Path to another object.
- Build Custom Map
- Instream into nodes that connect into Baicalein.
- Outstream from nodes that go out from Baicalein.
- Promoters of Baicalein
- Add biolink i.e. «X increases Baicalein». Intuitively easy.
- Power-start: watch the Intro Video and Guide in Help Center
- Users improve Reputation by getting experienced and validated.
- Ask Telegram Bot to get quick Summary on any object.