Dihydrotestosterone, hormone derived from testosterone
«Dihydrotestosterone (DHT, 5α-dihydrotestosterone, 5α-DHT, androstanolone or stanolone) is an endogenousandrogensex steroid and hormone. The enzyme5α-reductase catalyzes the formation of DHT from testosterone in certain tissues including the prostate gland, seminal vesicles, epididymides, skin, hair follicles, liver, and brain. This enzyme mediates reduction of the C4-5 double bond of testosterone. Relative to testosterone, DHT is considerably more potent as an agonist of the androgen receptor (AR).
In addition to its role as a natural hormone, DHT has been used as a medication, for instance in the treatment of low testosterone levels in men; for information on DHT as a medication, see the androstanolone article.» (wikipedia)
Do something with DHT, already
This screen hints what BioMindmap can do with medical objects
- See 15 Biolinks that connect DHT with other objects
- Group Biolinks by type — promoters and inhibitors separately
- Summarize how other objects relate to DHT
- There are 21 Evidences supporting 15 DHT Biolinks
Guide for Good Sources list of respected domains.
The ValidityScore showsthe quality of evidences, with max 9.9.
- DHT Mindmap — near connections
- Mindmap with ValidityScore 5.0 — near connections
- Mindmap of DHT. and Subnodes: .
- Find Path to another object.
- Build Custom Map
- Instream into nodes that connect into DHT.
- Outstream from nodes that go out from DHT.
- Promoters of DHT
- Add biolink i.e. «X increases DHT». Intuitively easy.
- Power-start: watch the Intro Video and Guide in Help Center
- Users improve Reputation by getting experienced and validated.
- Ask Telegram Bot to get quick Summary on any object.