Glutathione (GSH), a tripeptide consisting of glutamate, cysteine
and glycine is the key regulator of the intracellular redox state. It can
non-enzymatically detoxify ROS, such as superoxide and hydroxyl
radicals, as well as act as an electron donor for the reduction of
peroxides, catalysed by glutathione peroxidase
«Glutathione (GSH) is an antioxidant in plants, animals, fungi, and some bacteria and archaea. Glutathione is capable of preventing damage to important cellular components caused by reactive oxygen species such as free radicals, peroxides, lipid peroxide, and heavy metals. It is a tripeptide with a gamma peptide linkage between the carboxyl group of the glutamateside chain and the amine group of cysteine, and the carboxyl group of cysteine is attached by normal peptide linkage to a glycine.
Thiol groups are reducing agents, existing at a concentration around 5 mM in animal cell. Glutathione reduces disulfide bonds formed within cytoplasmicproteins to cysteine by serving as an electron donor. In the process, glutathione is converted to its oxidized form, glutathione disulfide (GSSG), also called L-(–)-glutathione.
Once oxidized, glutathione can be reduced back by glutathione reductase, using NADPH as an electron donor. The ratio of reduced glutathione to oxidized glutathione within cell is often used as a measure of cellular oxidative stress.» (wikipedia)
Do something with Glutathione
Lists what BioMindmap can do with its medical objects for demo purposes.
- See 48 Biolinks that connect Glutathione with other objects
- Group Biolinks by type — promoters and inhibitors separately
- Summarize how other objects relate to Glutathione
- There are 48 Evidences supporting 48 Glutathione Biolinks
Guide for Good Sources list of respected domains.
The ValidityScore showsthe quality of evidences, with max 9.9.
- Glutathione Mindmap — near connections
- Mindmap with ValidityScore 5.0 — near connections
- Mindmap of Glutathione. and Subnodes: .
- Find Path to another object.
- Build Custom Map
- Instream into nodes that connect into Glutathione.
- Outstream from nodes that go out from Glutathione.
- Promoters of Glutathione
- Add biolink i.e. «X increases Glutathione». Intuitively easy.
- Power-start: watch the Intro Video and Guide in Help Center
- Users improve Reputation by getting experienced and validated.
- Ask Telegram Bot to get quick Summary on any object.