«Oxidative stress reflects an imbalance between the systemic manifestation of reactive oxygen species and a biological system's ability to readily detoxify the reactive intermediates or to repair the resulting damage. Disturbances in the normal redox state of cell can cause toxic effects through the production of peroxides and free radicals that damage all components of the cell, including proteins, lipids, and DNA. Oxidative stress from oxidative metabolism causes base damage, as well as strand breaks in DNA. Base damage is mostly indirect and caused by reactive oxygen species (ROS) generated, e.g. O2− (superoxide radical), OH (hydroxyl radical) and H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide). Further, some reactive oxidative species act as cellular messengers in redox signaling. Thus, oxidative stress can cause disruptions in normal mechanisms of cellular signaling.
In humans, oxidative stress is thought to be involved in the development of ADH,cancer,Parkinson's disease,Lafora disease,Alzheimer's syndrome,atherosclerosis,heart failure,myocardial infarction,fragile X syndrome,sickle-cell disease,lichen planus,vitiligo,autism,infection, chronic fatigue syndrome, and depression and seems to be characteristic of individuals with Asperger syndrome. However, reactive oxygen species can be beneficial, as they are used by the immune system as a way to attack and kill pathogens. Short-term oxidative stress may also be important in prevention of aging by induction of a process name mitohormesis.» (wikipedia)
Do something with Oxidative stress
Lists what BioMindmap can do with its medical objects for demo purposes.
- See 53 Biolinks that connect Oxidative stress with other objects
- Group Biolinks by type — promoters and inhibitors separately
- Summarize how other objects relate to Oxidative stress
- There are 61 Evidences supporting 53 Oxidative stress Biolinks
Guide for Good Sources list of respected domains.
The ValidityScore showsthe quality of evidences, with max 9.9.
- Oxidative stress Mindmap — near connections
- Mindmap with ValidityScore 5.0 — near connections
- Mindmap of Oxidative stress. and Subnodes: .
- Find Path to another object.
- Build Custom Map
- Instream into nodes that connect into Oxidative stress.
- Outstream from nodes that go out from Oxidative stress.
- Promoters of Oxidative stress
- Add biolink i.e. «X increases Oxidative stress». Intuitively easy.
- Power-start: watch the Intro Video and Guide in Help Center
- Users improve Reputation by getting experienced and validated.
- Ask Telegram Bot to get quick Summary on any object.