«Corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH) (also known as corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) or corticoliberin; corticotropin may also be spelled corticotrophin) is a peptide hormone involved in the stress response. It is a releasing hormone that belongs to corticotropin-releasing factor family. In humans, it is encoded by the CRH gene. Its main function is the stimulation of the pituitary synthesis of ACTH, as part of the HPA Axis.
Corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH) is a 41-amino acid peptide derived from a 196-amino acid preprohormone. CRH is secreted by the paraventricular nucleus (PVN) of the hypothalamus in response to stress. Increased CRH production has been observed to be associated with Alzheimer's disease and major depression, and autosomal recessive hypothalamic corticotropin deficiency has multiple and potentially fatal metabolic consequences including hypoglycemia.
In addition to being produced in the hypothalamus, CRH is also synthesized in peripheral tissues, such as T lymphocytes, and is highly expressed in the placenta. In the placenta, CRH is a marker that determines the length of gestation and the timing of parturition and delivery. A rapid increase in circulating levels of CRH occurs at the onset of parturition, suggesting that, in addition to its metabolic functions, CRH may act as a trigger for parturition.
A recombinant version for diagnostics is called corticorelin (INN).» (wikipedia)
Do something with CRH
Lists what BioMindmap can do with its medical objects for demo purposes.
- See 6 Biolinks that connect CRH with other objects
- Group Biolinks by type — promoters and inhibitors separately
- Summarize how other objects relate to CRH
- There are 7 Evidences supporting 6 CRH Biolinks
Guide for Good Sources list of respected domains.
The ValidityScore showsthe quality of evidences, with max 9.9.
- CRH Mindmap — near connections
- Mindmap with ValidityScore 5.0 — near connections
- Mindmap of CRH. and Subnodes: .
- Find Path to another object.
- Build Custom Map
- Instream into nodes that connect into CRH.
- Outstream from nodes that go out from CRH.
- Promoters of CRH
- Add biolink i.e. «X increases CRH». Intuitively easy.
- Power-start: watch the Intro Video and Guide in Help Center
- Users improve Reputation by getting experienced and validated.
- Ask Telegram Bot to get quick Summary on any object.