«Endometriosis is a condition in which cell similar to those in the endometrium, the layer of tissue that normally covers the inside of the uterus, grow outside of it. Most often this is on the ovaries, fallopian tubes, and tissue around the uterus and ovaries; however, in rare cases it may also occur in other parts of the body. The main symptoms are pelvic pain and infertility. Nearly half of those affected have chronic pelvic pain, while in 70% pain occurs during menstruation.Pain during sexual intercourse is also common. Infertility occurs in up to half of women affected. Less common symptoms include urinary or bowel symptoms. About 25% of women have no symptoms. Endometriosis can have both social and psychological effects.
The cause is not entirely clear. Risk factors include having a family history of the condition. The areas of endometriosis bleed each month, resulting in inflammation and scarring. The growths due to endometriosis are not cancer. Diagnosis is usually based on symptoms in combination with medical imaging, however, biopsy is the surest method of diagnosis. Other causes of similar symptoms include pelvic inflammatory disease, irritable bowel syndrome, interstitial cystitis, and fibromyalgia. Endometriosis is commonly misdiagnosed, and women are often incorrectly told their symptoms are trivial or normal.» (wikipedia)
Do something with Endometriosis, already
This screen hints what BioMindmap can do with medical objects
- See 51 Biolinks that connect Endometriosis with other objects
- Group Biolinks by type — promoters and inhibitors separately
- Summarize how other objects relate to Endometriosis
- There are 33 Evidences supporting 51 Endometriosis Biolinks
Guide for Good Sources list of respected domains.
The ValidityScore showsthe quality of evidences, with max 9.9.
- Endometriosis Mindmap — near connections
- Mindmap with ValidityScore 5.0 — near connections
- Mindmap of Endometriosis. and Subnodes: .
- Find Path to another object.
- Build Custom Map
- Instream into nodes that connect into Endometriosis.
- Outstream from nodes that go out from Endometriosis.
- Promoters of Endometriosis
- Add biolink i.e. «X increases Endometriosis». Intuitively easy.
- Power-start: watch the Intro Video and Guide in Help Center
- Users improve Reputation by getting experienced and validated.
- Ask Telegram Bot to get quick Summary on any object.