«Insulin resistance (IR) is considered as a pathological condition in which cell fail to respond normally to the hormone insulin. To prevent hyperglycemia and noticeable organ damage over time, the body produces insulin when glucose starts to be released into the bloodstream, primarily from the digestion of carbohydrate in the diet. Under normal conditions of insulin reactivity, this insulin response triggers glucose being taken into body cell, to be used for energy, and inhibits the body from using fat for energy, thereby causing the concentration of glucose in the blood to decrease as a result, staying within the normal range even when a large amount of carbohydrate is consumed. Carbohydrate comprise simple sugar, i.e. monosaccharides, such as glucose and fructose, disaccharides, such as cane sugar, and polysaccharides, e.g. starches. Fructose, which is metabolised into triglycerides in the liver, stimulates insulin production through another mechanism, and can have a more potent effect than other carbohydrate. A habitually high intake of carbohydrate, and particularly fructose, e.g. with sweetened beverages, contributes to insulin resistance and has been linked to weight gain and obesity. If excess blood sugar is not sufficiently absorbed by cell even in the presence of insulin, the increase in the level of blood sugar can result in the classic hyperglycemic triad of polyphagia (increased appetite), polydipsia (increased thirst), and polyuria (increased urination). Avoiding carbohydrate and sugar, a no-carbohydrate diet or fasting can reverse insulin resistance.» (wikipedia)
Do something with Insulin sensitivity, already
This screen hints what BioMindmap can do with medical objects
- See 24 Biolinks that connect Insulin sensitivity
- Group Biolinks by type — promoters and inhibitors separately
- Summarize how other objects relate to Insulin sensitivity
- There are 23 Evidences supporting 24 Insulin sensitivity Biolinks
Guide for Good Sources list of respected domains.
The ValidityScore showsthe quality of evidences, with max 9.9.
- Insulin sensitivity Mindmap — near connections
- Mindmap with ValidityScore 5.0 — near connections
- Mindmap of Insulin sensitivity. and Subnodes: .
- Find Path to another object.
- Build Custom Map
- Instream into nodes that connect into Insulin sensitivity.
- Outstream from nodes that go out from Insulin sensitivity.
- Promoters of Insulin sensitivity
- Add biolink i.e. «X increases Insulin sensitivity». Intuitively easy.
- Power-start: watch the Intro Video and Guide in Help Center
- Users improve Reputation by getting experienced and validated.
- Ask Telegram Bot to get quick Summary on any object.