Adenosine Monophosphate-Activated Protein Kinase
5' AMP-activated protein kinase or AMPK or 5' adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase is an enzyme (EC 22.214.171.124) that plays a role in cellular energy homeostasis, largely to activate glucose and fatty acid uptake and oxidation when cellular energy is low. It belongs to a highly conserved eukaryotic protein family and its orthologues are SNF1 in yeast, and SnRK1 in plants. It consists of three proteins (subunits) that together make a functional enzyme, conserved from yeast to humans. It is expressed in a number of tissues, including the liver, brain, and skeletal muscle. In response to binding AMP and ADP, the net effect of AMPK activation is stimulation of hepatic fatty acid oxidation, ketogenesis, stimulation of skeletal muscle fatty acid oxidation and glucose uptake, inhibition of cholesterol synthesis, lipogenesis, and triglyceride synthesis, inhibition of adipocyte lipogenesis, inhibition of adipocyte lipolysis, and modulation of insulin secretion by pancreatic beta-cell.
Do something with AMPK, already
This screen hints what BioMindmap can do with medical objects
- See 56 Biolinks that connect AMPK with other objects
- Group Biolinks by type — promoters and inhibitors separately
- Summarize how other objects relate to AMPK
- There are 65 Evidences supporting 56 AMPK Biolinks
Guide for Good Sources list of respected domains.
The ValidityScore showsthe quality of evidences, with max 9.9.
- AMPK Mindmap — near connections
- Mindmap with ValidityScore 5.0 — near connections
- Mindmap of AMPK. and Subnodes: .
- Find Path to another object.
- Build Custom Map
- Instream into nodes that connect into AMPK.
- Outstream from nodes that go out from AMPK.
- Promoters of AMPK
- Add biolink i.e. «X increases AMPK». Intuitively easy.
- Power-start: watch the Intro Video and Guide in Help Center
- Users improve Reputation by getting experienced and validated.
- Ask Telegram Bot to get quick Summary on any object.