SIRT1 is a crucial component of multiple interconnected regulatory networks that modulate dendritic and axonal growth, as well as survival against stress.
«Sirtuins are a class of proteins that possess either mono-ADP-ribosyltransferase, or deacylase activity, including deacetylase, desuccinylase, demalonylase, demyristoylase and depalmitoylase activity. The name Sir2 comes from the yeast gene 'silent mating-type information regulation 2', the gene responsible for cellular regulation in yeast.
Sirtuins have been implicated in influencing a wide range of cellular processes like aging, transcription, apoptosis, inflammation and stress resistance, as well as energy efficiency and alertness during low-calorie situations. Sirtuins can also control circadian clocks and mitochondrial biogenesis.
Yeast Sir2 and some, but not all, sirtuins are protein deacetylases. Unlike other known protein deacetylases, which simply hydrolyzeacetyl-lysine residues, the sirtuin-mediated deacetylation reaction couples lysinedeacetylation to NAD hydrolysis. This hydrolysis yields O-acetyl-ADP-ribose, the deacetylated substrate and nicotinamide, which is an inhibitor of sirtuin activity itself. The dependence of sirtuins on NAD links their enzymatic activity directly to the energy status of the cell via the cellular NAD:NADH ratio, the absolute levels of NAD, NADH or nicotinamide or a combination of these variables.» (wikipedia)
Do something with Sirtuin
Lists what BioMindmap can do with its medical objects for demo purposes.
- See 17 Biolinks that connect Sirtuin with other objects
- Group Biolinks by type — promoters and inhibitors separately
- Summarize how other objects relate to Sirtuin
- There are 11 Evidences supporting 17 Sirtuin Biolinks
Guide for Good Sources list of respected domains.
The ValidityScore showsthe quality of evidences, with max 9.9.
- Sirtuin Mindmap — near connections
- Mindmap with ValidityScore 5.0 — near connections
- Mindmap of Sirtuin. and Subnodes: .
- Find Path to another object.
- Build Custom Map
- Instream into nodes that connect into Sirtuin.
- Outstream from nodes that go out from Sirtuin.
- Promoters of Sirtuin
- Add biolink i.e. «X increases Sirtuin». Intuitively easy.
- Power-start: watch the Intro Video and Guide in Help Center
- Users improve Reputation by getting experienced and validated.
- Ask Telegram Bot to get quick Summary on any object.