«Insulin resistance (IR) is considered as a pathological condition in which cell fail to respond normally to the hormone insulin. To prevent hyperglycemia and noticeable organ damage over time, the body produces insulin when glucose starts to be released into the bloodstream. Under normal conditions of insulin reactivity, this insulin response triggers glucose being taken into body cell, to be used for energy, and inhibits the body from using fat for energy, thereby causing the concentration of glucose in the blood to decrease as a result, staying within the normal range even when a large amount of carbohydrate is consumed.
A habitually high intake of carbohydrate, and particularly fructose, contributes to insulin resistance and has been linked to weight gain and obesity.» (wikipedia)
Do something with Insulin resistance, already
This screen hints what BioMindmap can do with medical objects
- See 66 Biolinks that connect Insulin resistance
- Group Biolinks by type — promoters and inhibitors separately
- Summarize how other objects relate to Insulin resistance
- There are 67 Evidences supporting 66 Insulin resistance Biolinks
Guide for Good Sources list of respected domains.
The ValidityScore showsthe quality of evidences, with max 9.9.
- Insulin resistance Mindmap — near connections
- Mindmap with ValidityScore 5.0 — near connections
- Mindmap of Insulin resistance. and Subnodes: .
- Find Path to another object.
- Build Custom Map
- Instream into nodes that connect into Insulin resistance.
- Outstream from nodes that go out from Insulin resistance.
- Promoters of Insulin resistance
- Add biolink i.e. «X increases Insulin resistance». Intuitively easy.
- Power-start: watch the Intro Video and Guide in Help Center
- Users improve Reputation by getting experienced and validated.
- Ask Telegram Bot to get quick Summary on any object.