«A stroke is a medical condition in which poor blood flow to the brain results in cell death. There are two main types of stroke: ischemic, due to lack of blood flow, and hemorrhagic, due to bleeding. Both result in parts of the brain not functioning properly. Signs and symptoms of a stroke may include an inability to move or feel on one side of the body, problems understanding or speaking, dizziness, or loss of vision to one side. Signs and symptoms often appear soon after the stroke has occurred. If symptoms last less than one or two hours it is known as a transient ischemic attack (TIA) or mini-stroke. A hemorrhagic stroke may also be associated with a severe headache. The symptoms of a stroke can be permanent. Long-term complications may include pneumonia or loss of bladder control.
The main risk factor for stroke is high blood pressure. Other risk factors include tobacco smoking, obesity, high blood cholesterol, diabetes mellitus, a previous TIA, and atrial fibrillation. An ischemic stroke is typically caused by blockage of a blood vessel, though there are also less common causes. A hemorrhagic stroke is caused by either bleeding directly into the brain or into the space between the brain's membranes. Bleeding may occur due to a ruptured brain aneurysm. Diagnosis is typically based on a physical exam and supported by medical imaging such as a CT scan or MRI scan. A CT scan can rule out bleeding, but may not necessarily rule out ischemia, which early on typically does not show up on a CT scan. Other tests such as an electrocardiogram (ECG) and blood tests are done to determine risk factors and rule out other possible causes.Low blood sugar may cause similar symptoms.» (wikipedia)
Do something with Ischemic stroke, already
This screen hints what BioMindmap can do with medical objects
- See 9 Biolinks that connect Ischemic stroke with other objects
- Group Biolinks by type — promoters and inhibitors separately
- Summarize how other objects relate to Ischemic stroke
- There are 8 Evidences supporting 9 Ischemic stroke Biolinks
Guide for Good Sources list of respected domains.
The ValidityScore showsthe quality of evidences, with max 9.9.
- Ischemic stroke Mindmap — near connections
- Mindmap with ValidityScore 5.0 — near connections
- Mindmap of Ischemic stroke. and Subnodes: .
- Find Path to another object.
- Build Custom Map
- Instream into nodes that connect into Ischemic stroke.
- Outstream from nodes that go out from Ischemic stroke.
- Promoters of Ischemic stroke
- Add biolink i.e. «X increases Ischemic stroke». Intuitively easy.
- Power-start: watch the Intro Video and Guide in Help Center
- Users improve Reputation by getting experienced and validated.
- Ask Telegram Bot to get quick Summary on any object.