«Leptin (from Greek λεπτός leptos, "thin"), "the hormone of energy expenditure",[a] is a hormone predominantly made by adipose cell that helps to regulate energy balance by inhibiting hunger. Leptin is opposed by the actions of the hormone ghrelin, the "hunger hormone". Both hormone act on receptors in the arcuate nucleus of the hypothalamus. In obesity, a decreased sensitivity to leptin occurs (similar to insulin resistance in type 2 diabetes), resulting in an inability to detect satiety despite high energy stores and high levels of leptin.
Although regulation of fat stores is deemed to be the primary function of leptin, it also plays a role in other physiological processes, as evidenced by its many sites of synthesis other than fat cell, and the many cell types beside hypothalamic cell that have leptin receptors. Many of these additional functions are yet to be defined.» (wikipedia)
Do something with Leptin, already
This screen hints what BioMindmap can do with medical objects
- See 90 Biolinks that connect Leptin with other objects
- Group Biolinks by type — promoters and inhibitors separately
- Summarize how other objects relate to Leptin
- There are 31 Evidences supporting 90 Leptin Biolinks
Guide for Good Sources list of respected domains.
The ValidityScore showsthe quality of evidences, with max 9.9.
- Leptin Mindmap — near connections
- Mindmap with ValidityScore 5.0 — near connections
- Mindmap of Leptin. and Subnodes: .
- Find Path to another object.
- Build Custom Map
- Instream into nodes that connect into Leptin.
- Outstream from nodes that go out from Leptin.
- Promoters of Leptin
- Add biolink i.e. «X increases Leptin». Intuitively easy.
- Power-start: watch the Intro Video and Guide in Help Center
- Users improve Reputation by getting experienced and validated.
- Ask Telegram Bot to get quick Summary on any object.