«Methionine (symbol Met or M) (/mɪˈθaɪəniːn/) is an essential amino acid in humans. As the substrate for other amino acids such as cysteine and taurine, versatile compounds such as SAM-e, and the important antioxidant glutathione, methionine plays a critical role in the metabolism and health of many species, including humans. It is encoded by the codon AUG.
Methionine is also an important part of angiogenesis, the growth of new blood vessels. Supplementation may benefit those suffering from copper poisoning. Overconsumption of methionine, the methyl group donor in DNA methylation, is related to cancer growth in a number of studies. Methionine was first isolated in 1921 by John Howard Mueller.» (wikipedia)
Do something with Methionine, already
This screen hints what BioMindmap can do with medical objects
- See 12 Biolinks that connect Methionine with other objects
- Group Biolinks by type — promoters and inhibitors separately
- Summarize how other objects relate to Methionine
- There are 5 Evidences supporting 12 Methionine Biolinks
Guide for Good Sources list of respected domains.
The ValidityScore showsthe quality of evidences, with max 9.9.
- Methionine Mindmap — near connections
- Mindmap with ValidityScore 5.0 — near connections
- Mindmap of Methionine. and Subnodes: .
- Find Path to another object.
- Build Custom Map
- Instream into nodes that connect into Methionine.
- Outstream from nodes that go out from Methionine.
- Promoters of Methionine
- Add biolink i.e. «X increases Methionine». Intuitively easy.
- Power-start: watch the Intro Video and Guide in Help Center
- Users improve Reputation by getting experienced and validated.
- Ask Telegram Bot to get quick Summary on any object.