Autophagy if cellular self-digestion.
«Autophagy (or autophagocytosis) (from the Ancient Greekαὐτόφαγοςautóphagos, meaning "self-devouring" and κύτοςkýtos, meaning "hollow") is the natural, regulated mechanism of the cell that disassembles unnecessary or dysfunctional components.
Autophagy allows the orderly degradation and recycling of cellular components. In macroautophagy, targeted cytoplasmic constituents are isolated from the rest of the cell within a double-membraned vesicle known as an autophagosome. The autophagosome eventually fuses with lysosomes and the contents are degraded and recycled. Three forms of autophagy are commonly described: macroautophagy, microautophagy, and chaperone-mediated autophagy (CMA). In disease, autophagy has been seen as an adaptive response to stress, which promotes survival, whereas in other cases it appears to promote cell death and morbidity. In the extreme case of starvation, the breakdown of cellular components promotes cellular survival by maintaining cellular energy levels.
The name "autophagy" was coined by Belgian biochemist Christian de Duve in 1963. The identification of autophagy-related genes in yeast in the 1990s let researchers figure out the mechanisms of autophagy and led to the award of the 2016 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine to Japanese autophagy researcher Yoshinori Ohsumi.» (wikipedia)
Do something with Autophagy, already
This screen hints what BioMindmap can do with medical objects
- See 20 Biolinks that connect Autophagy with other objects
- Group Biolinks by type — promoters and inhibitors separately
- Summarize how other objects relate to Autophagy
- There are 23 Evidences supporting 20 Autophagy Biolinks
Guide for Good Sources list of respected domains.
The ValidityScore showsthe quality of evidences, with max 9.9.
- Autophagy Mindmap — near connections
- Mindmap with ValidityScore 5.0 — near connections
- Mindmap of Autophagy. and Subnodes: .
- Find Path to another object.
- Build Custom Map
- Instream into nodes that connect into Autophagy.
- Outstream from nodes that go out from Autophagy.
- Promoters of Autophagy
- Add biolink i.e. «X increases Autophagy». Intuitively easy.
- Power-start: watch the Intro Video and Guide in Help Center
- Users improve Reputation by getting experienced and validated.
- Ask Telegram Bot to get quick Summary on any object.