Autism Spectrum Disorders
«Autism spectrum, also known as autism spectrum disorder (ASD), is a range of mental disorders of the neurodevelopmental type. It includes autism and Asperger syndrome. Individuals on the spectrum often experience difficulties with social communication and interaction and restricted, repetitive patterns of behavior, interests, or activities. Symptoms are typically recognized between one and two years of age. Long-term problems may include difficulties in performing daily tasks, creating and keeping relationships, and maintaining a job.
The cause of autism spectrum is uncertain. Risk factors include having an older parent, a family history of autism, and certain genetic conditions. It is estimated that between 64% and 91% of risk is due to family history. Diagnosis is based on symptoms. The DSM-5 redefined the autism spectrum disorders to encompass the previous diagnoses of autism, Asperger syndrome, pervasive developmental disorder not otherwise specified (PD-NOS), and childhood disintegrative disorder.
Treatment efforts are generally individualized, and can include behavioural therapy and the teaching of coping skills. Medications may be used to try to help improve symptoms. Evidence to support the use of medications, however, is not very strong.
Autism spectrum is estimated to affect about 1% of people (62.2 million globally) as of 2015[update]. In the United States it is estimated to affect more than 2% of children (about 1.5 million) as of 2016. Males are diagnosed more often than females. The term "spectrum" can refer to the range of symptoms or their severity, leading some to favor a distinction between severely disabled autistics who cannot speak or look after themselves, and higher functioning autistics.» (wikipedia)
Do something with ASD
Lists what BioMindmap can do with its medical objects for demo purposes.
- See 7 Biolinks that connect ASD with other objects
- Group Biolinks by type — promoters and inhibitors separately
- Summarize how other objects relate to ASD
- There are 13 Evidences supporting 7 ASD Biolinks
Guide for Good Sources list of respected domains.
The ValidityScore showsthe quality of evidences, with max 9.9.
- ASD Mindmap — near connections
- Mindmap with ValidityScore 5.0 — near connections
- Mindmap of ASD. and Subnodes: .
- Find Path to another object.
- Build Custom Map
- Add biolink i.e. «X increases ASD». Intuitively easy.
- Power-start: watch the Intro Video and Guide in Help Center
- Users improve Reputation by getting experienced and validated.
- Ask Telegram Bot to get quick Summary on any object.