Bone mineral density
«Bone density, or bone mineral density (BMD), is the amount of bone mineral in bone tissue. The concept is of mass of mineral per volume of bone (relating to density in the physics sense), although clinically it is measured by proxy according to optical density per square centimetre of bone surface upon imaging. Bone density measurement is used in clinical medicine as an indirect indicator of osteoporosis and fracture risk. It is measured by a procedure called densitometry, often performed in the radiology or nuclear medicine departments of hospitals or clinics. The measurement is painless and non-invasive and involves low radiation exposure. Measurements are most commonly made over the lumbar spine and over the upper part of the hip. The forearm may be scanned if the hip and lumbar spine are not accessible.
There is a statistical association between poor bone density and higher probability of fracture. Fracture of the legs and pelvis due to falls are a significant public health problem, especially in elderly women, leading to much medical cost, inability to live independently and even risk of death. Bone density measurements are used to screen people for osteoporosis risk and to identify those who might benefit from measures to improve bone strength.» (wikipedia)
Do something with Bone mineral density, already
This screen hints what BioMindmap can do with medical objects
- See 10 Biolinks that connect Bone mineral density
- Group Biolinks by type — promoters and inhibitors separately
- Summarize how other objects relate to Bone mineral density
- There are 9 Evidences supporting 10 Bone mineral density Biolinks
Guide for Good Sources list of respected domains.
The ValidityScore showsthe quality of evidences, with max 9.9.
- Bone mineral density Mindmap — near connections
- Mindmap with ValidityScore 5.0 — near connections
- Mindmap of Bone mineral density. and Subnodes: .
- Find Path to another object.
- Build Custom Map
- Instream into nodes that connect into Bone mineral density.
- Outstream from nodes that go out from Bone mineral density.
- Promoters of Bone mineral density
- What type is Bone mineral density? Edit type Is it food or drug?
- Add biolink i.e. «X increases Bone mineral density». Intuitively easy.
- Power-start: watch the Intro Video and Guide in Help Center
- Users improve Reputation by getting experienced and validated.
- Ask Telegram Bot to get quick Summary on any object.