«Prediabetes is the precursor stage before diabetes mellitus in which not all of the symptoms required to diagnose diabetes are present, but blood sugar is abnormally high. This stage is often referred to as the "grey area". It is not a disease; the American Diabetes Association says, "Prediabetes should not be viewed as a clinical entity in its own right but rather as an increased risk for diabetes and cardiovascular disease (CVD). Prediabetes is associated with obesity (especially abdominal or visceral obesity), dyslipidemia with high triglycerides and/or low HDL cholesterol, and hypertension." It is thus a metabolic diathesis or syndrome, and it usually involves no symptoms and only high blood sugar as the sole sign.
Impaired fasting blood sugar and impaired glucose tolerance are two forms of prediabetes that are similar in clinical definition (glucose levels too high for their context) but are physiologically distinct.Insulin resistance, the insulin resistance syndrome (metabolic syndrome or syndrome X), and prediabetes are closely related to one another and have overlapping aspects.» (wikipedia)
Do something with Glucose tolerance
Lists what BioMindmap can do with its medical objects for demo purposes.
- See 5 Biolinks that connect Glucose tolerance
- Group Biolinks by type — promoters and inhibitors separately
- Summarize how other objects relate to Glucose tolerance
- There are 6 Evidences supporting 5 Glucose tolerance Biolinks
Guide for Good Sources list of respected domains.
The ValidityScore showsthe quality of evidences, with max 9.9.
- Glucose tolerance Mindmap — near connections
- Mindmap with ValidityScore 5.0 — near connections
- Mindmap of Glucose tolerance. and Subnodes: .
- Find Path to another object.
- Build Custom Map
- Add biolink i.e. «X increases Glucose tolerance». Intuitively easy.
- Power-start: watch the Intro Video and Guide in Help Center
- Users improve Reputation by getting experienced and validated.
- Ask Telegram Bot to get quick Summary on any object.