«Insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1), also called somatomedin C, is a protein that in humans is encoded by the IGF1gene. IGF-1 has also been referred to as a "sulfation factor" and its effects were termed "nonsuppressible insulin-like activity" (NSILA) in the 1970s.
IGF-1 is a hormone similar in molecular structure to insulin. It plays an important role in childhood growth and continues to have anabolic effects in adults. A synthetic analog of IGF-1, mecasermin, is used for the treatment of growth failure.
IGF-1 consists of 70 amino acids in a single chain with three intramolecular disulfide bridges. IGF-1 has a molecular weight of 7,649 Daltons.» (wikipedia)
Do something with IGF-1, already
This screen hints what BioMindmap can do with medical objects
- See 22 Biolinks that connect IGF-1 with other objects
- Group Biolinks by type — promoters and inhibitors separately
- Summarize how other objects relate to IGF-1
- There are 19 Evidences supporting 22 IGF-1 Biolinks
Guide for Good Sources list of respected domains.
The ValidityScore showsthe quality of evidences, with max 9.9.
- IGF-1 Mindmap — near connections
- Mindmap with ValidityScore 5.0 — near connections
- Mindmap of IGF-1. and Subnodes: .
- Find Path to another object.
- Build Custom Map
- Instream into nodes that connect into IGF-1.
- Outstream from nodes that go out from IGF-1.
- Promoters of IGF-1
- Add biolink i.e. «X increases IGF-1». Intuitively easy.
- Power-start: watch the Intro Video and Guide in Help Center
- Users improve Reputation by getting experienced and validated.
- Ask Telegram Bot to get quick Summary on any object.