«Hepatotoxicity (from hepatic toxicity) implies chemical-driven liver damage. Drug-induced liver injury is a cause of acute and chronic liver disease.
The liver plays a central role in transforming and clearing chemicals and is susceptible to the toxicity from these agents. Certain medicinal agents, when taken in overdoses and sometimes even when introduced within therapeutic ranges, may injure the organ. Other chemical agents, such as those used in laboratories and industries, natural chemicals (e.g., microcystins) and herbal remedies can also induce hepatotoxicity. Chemicals that cause liver injury are called hepatotoxins.
More than 900 drugs have been implicated in causing liver injury (see LiverTox, external link, below) and it is the most common reason for a drug to be withdrawn from the market. Hepatotoxicity and drug-induced liver injury also account for a substantial number of compound failures, highlighting the need for toxicity prediction models (e.g. DTI), and drug screening assays, such as stem cell-derived hepatocyte-like cell, that are capable of detecting toxicity early in the drug development process. Chemicals often cause subclinical injury to the liver, which manifests only as abnormal liver enzyme tests.
Drug-induced liver injury is responsible for 5% of all hospital admissions and 50% of all acute liver failures.» (wikipedia)
Do something with Liver damage, already
This screen hints what BioMindmap can do with medical objects
- See 12 Biolinks that connect Liver damage with other objects
- Group Biolinks by type — promoters and inhibitors separately
- Summarize how other objects relate to Liver damage
- There are 11 Evidences supporting 12 Liver damage Biolinks
Guide for Good Sources list of respected domains.
The ValidityScore showsthe quality of evidences, with max 9.9.
- Liver damage Mindmap — near connections
- Mindmap with ValidityScore 5.0 — near connections
- Mindmap of Liver damage. and Subnodes: .
- Find Path to another object.
- Build Custom Map
- Instream into nodes that connect into Liver damage.
- Outstream from nodes that go out from Liver damage.
- Promoters of Liver damage
- Add biolink i.e. «X increases Liver damage». Intuitively easy.
- Power-start: watch the Intro Video and Guide in Help Center
- Users improve Reputation by getting experienced and validated.
- Ask Telegram Bot to get quick Summary on any object.