«Collagen/ˈkɒlədʒɪn/ is the main structural protein in the extracellular space in the various connective tissues in the body. As the main component of connective tissue, it is the most abundant protein in mammals, making 25% to 35% of the whole-body protein content. Collagen consists of amino acids wound together to form triple-helices of elongated fibrils. It is mostly found in fibrous tissues such as tendons, ligaments, and skin.
Depending upon the degree of mineralization, collagen tissues may be rigid (bone), compliant (tendon), or have a gradient from rigid to compliant (cartilage). It is also abundant in corneas, blood vessels, the gut, intervertebral discs, and the dentin in teeth. In muscle tissue, it serves as a major component of the endomysium. Collagen constitutes one to two percent of muscle tissue and accounts for 6% of the weight of strong, tendinous, muscle. The fibroblast is the most common cell that creates collagen. Gelatin, which is used in food and industry, is collagen that has been, irreversibly, hydrolyzed. Collagen has many medical uses in treating complications of the bone and skin.
The name collagen comes from the Greek κόλλα (kólla), meaning "glue", and suffix -γέν, -gen, denoting "producing". This refers to the compound's early use in the process of boiling the skin and tendons of horses and other animals to obtain glue.» (wikipedia)
Do something with Collagen
Lists what BioMindmap can do with its medical objects for demo purposes.
- See 9 Biolinks that connect Collagen with other objects
- Group Biolinks by type — promoters and inhibitors separately
- Summarize how other objects relate to Collagen
- There are 8 Evidences supporting 9 Collagen Biolinks
Guide for Good Sources list of respected domains.
The ValidityScore showsthe quality of evidences, with max 9.9.
- Collagen Mindmap — near connections
- Mindmap with ValidityScore 5.0 — near connections
- Mindmap of Collagen. and Subnodes: Collagen Type I, Collagen Type III.
- Find Path to another object.
- Build Custom Map
- Instream into nodes that connect into Collagen.
- Outstream from nodes that go out from Collagen.
- Promoters of Collagen
- Add biolink i.e. «X increases Collagen». Intuitively easy.
- Power-start: watch the Intro Video and Guide in Help Center
- Users improve Reputation by getting experienced and validated.
- Ask Telegram Bot to get quick Summary on any object.